Monday, January 19, 2009

Back on the blogging wagon...

Okay people, SERIOUSLY!!! I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Christmas--went well. Santa came and everything. Uh, Santa even got busted by a 5 year old who came down the stairs while things were being assembled. (throat clearing--ah-hem) Mario & Luigi got just that, Mario & Luigi toys. As well as Sonic the hedgehog, Razor scooters, a soccer goal, new soccer ball, video games from Papa, webkins from Mimi, Guess Who? game, and an awesome game of slap jack. Good times.

I went back home for 3 weeks after Christmas--just baby girl and I. My mom broke her femur the weekend of Thanksgiving, had surgery, and is in a nursing facility for rehab. I went to help purge her clutter in her house in hopes of downsizing to a smaller unit. Well, the purchase of the new place fell through while I was there, but I continued on task and 'got 'er done'. Whew--10 carloads donated to charity and 2 small dumpsters full of garbage. I could've kept going, but hey, when you get rid of 3 crockpots, keeping 3 isn't so bad. I bet.

Hubby took Mario & Luigi to visit his family for the first week while baby girl and I were gone. They spent New Year's with cousins and friends. They boys had a great time playing in the snow and of course playing the wii with their cousins. I spent New Year's sitting at the kitchen table with my dad and his girlfriend waiting for the ball to drop in Time's Square. "Uh, wait was that it?" For some reason we ended up on the local channel who had sent a reporter to Time's Square and they MISSED it. The lame camera man didn't know where to focus. The crowd was counting down and the camera man is focused on the reporter. Finally at the count of 3-2-1 the reporter says "Tommy (pointing up and behind him) get the ball!!" Tommy pans up but doesn't zoom and you can't even see what it is or what it says. LAME!! Oh sure they got tons of footage afterward of people making out and kissing. Whatever.

So I'm home and unfortunately our SD drive is broken and the cord to the camera is no where to be found. SO....no photos to post at this time. I DO have to add that I came home from my trip to a clean house, an empty laundry hamper, flowers on the table, and a roast in the crockpot. WOW!! He done good. We had a productive day today, got Christmas decor all taken down and stored away, organized the garage, vacuumed out my car (YUCK!!), and went on a lovely walk with the kiddos. Right on track to reality folks. Here we go.
Oh and by the way....we cancelled our cleaning service (sigh). I can do it, I bet.

No comments: