Friday, April 24, 2009

Back on the running wagon

So I've been running again. The past three weeks I have actually managed to get my butt off this chair in front of the computer and get out the door to run. My friend and I signed up for the St. George Marathon on October 3rd, but it's a lottery and we won't know if we got in until May 11th. In the meantime, we're on our training schedule and Gettin' 'er done!! It's been great. I'm not too excited about training in the heat this summer, but it's all good. I'll find a way. I'm gearing up for my 4 miler in the morning tomorrow. Yeah baby.
My baby girl turned 8 months old this week!! She is adorable as ever. She is actually sitting up now. She has her brothers in check, and adores their every silly dance and song. She sleeps 11 to 12 hours a night--thank you very much. She loves anything that crinkles and or shakes. She's a great eater now--squash, spinach, and sweet potatoes are her favs. Love that baby girl!
Mario and Luigi have been busy with soccer and swimming lessons. Soccer is a great league--3 on 3, they don't keep score, the boys are just there to feel the camaraderie of a team and to have fun. They're not the fastest, but Luigi keeps that goal covered and has been known to run past the ball to get to the goal. Mario is sure to add sound effects to his every move on the field--yelling all the way as he runs down the field, grunting, and 'high-ya' when kicking the ball. It's great. Swimming lessons are going well with Coach Tiffany (not to be confused with 'Queen Tiffany' from the movie Ant Bully--as Mario pointed out). It is really cute to see their little starfish floats. They are learning the front and back crawl. Luigi has a hard time with the front crawl b/c he tucks down and tries to swim to the bottom of the pool every time. His arms flailing and bum in the air. It makes me smile just writing about it.
Daddy is staying busy working his 4 jobs (if you count his church calling). He is busy as ever and a hard worker for our family. We are grateful. It really is great having him work from home.
Well, that's all folks, just the happenings of the season. We're saving our money (new concept that's ALL the rage these days) for a vacation to California--including the beach, Legoland (shhhh! that part is a secret) and most importantly to Mario and Luigi--a HOTEL! They're really excited to sleep in a hotel for some reason.

3 comments:

Violet said...

You'll have to let us know when you come down. We'd love to see you again.

wendy said...

Sara, I'm glad to see you're pumped about getting ready for your marathon. When it's hot, you'll be on the road by 5-5:30am. You can do it!!!

Cassie said...

Rachel is so cute, I just want to kiss those cheeks! I cannot believe she's already 8 months old! Good for you for running, keep it up and maybe I too will be inspired to get my butt off the chair I teach from everyday and do it too!