Thursday, January 29, 2009

A few funny things

k So every once in awhile, hubby likes to throw in a Spanish word here and there. Like he will tell the boys to get in the 'coche'. He told them it's Spanish for 'car' (in Spain people, I know in Mexico they call them 'carros'). So the other day Mario was helping hubby put away clean laundry. He told Mario, "Here go put away these PJs. Do you know what 'PJs' are?" (we usually call them jammies or jams) Mario said, "Yeah, that's Spanish for pajamas."

This is part of a conversation I over heard in the backseat of the car.
Luigi-"Why did the duck walk across the street?"
Mario- "Ducks don't walk, they waddle."
Luigi-"yeah, like penguins"
Mario-"Oh I know all about penguins 'cause I saw one at the zoo."

9 comments:

Kari said...

I wonder if someone that looked at your blog that didn't know you would think you actually named your kids Mario and Luigi. I hope they do.

The Atkinsons said...

What? Your kids aren't named Mario and Luigi? I joked with Tim that ours should have been Frank and Stein since they were made in a lab. Anyways your kids are cute and funny. I love your posts on the cute things they say and always read them to Tim.

The Atkinsons said...

What? Your kids aren't named Mario and Luigi? I joke with Tim that we should have named ours Frank and Stein since they were made in a lab. Your boys are cute and funny. I love your posts on the cute things they say and read them to Tim so we both have a good laugh.

wendy said...

I haven't looked at blogs lately since it seems I do the facebook thing. I'm not as fast at all this as you young ladies are! Anyway, loved seeing the recent pictures. Baby girl is getting big! Crawling will be next! Come visit Texas!!

wendy said...

I haven't looked at blogs for quite a while and am happy to see all your recent photos. The boys are so cute and Baby Girl is getting big. She looks so happy!Crawling is around the corner! Come to Texas!

wendy said...

Duh, just read that my first comment was saved. Thought I did something wrong so I wrote another. And now another.....when will it end?????

veronica said...

Hola que tal? ya veo que tu niña esta preciosa y muy bonita. ¿A quién se parece? mamá y papá creen que tiene los ojos como tú, pero no se ¿se parece a ti? nos alegramos mucho que estas tan bien. Y por otro lado, Alberto y yo estamos deseando volver a las vegas. Quizá algun día podamos. Un beso

Kari said...

So why are you taking a facebook vacay? I told my parents (and matt's) with a Save the Date card that had the ultrasound on it. I actually don't think I've had any cravings...I just cave more to what I want. :) I want cake. Must be a craving. Must mean I need it! Better eat it.

wendy said...

Sara, just read your comment to Kari. Isn't it EXCITING! She sent us a card and as I was opening it, I was wondering why she was sending a "thank you" note. Well, it said "Save the date" 8.21.09 with a picture of their sonogram. I was TOTALLY surprised! This is going to be a good year!