Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Two-wheelers!












Friday, January 15th. We had gone to the park for about 3 hours that day (no school). Got home, had something to eat, and I said, 'Back outside!' The weather had been gorgeous! I had them help me with the wrench to take off the training wheels on their bikes. Luigi went first. I was running around holding the handle bars & seat. Wobbly-wobbly! My first thought was, "we are not ready for this". But I realized that it was ME. I had to let go. I was SO SCARED! My baby! What if he gets hurt? I had more fear than he did. But I did it. I let go. And this is what I wrote that night--"Remember that feeling when you let go of the boys today and let them ride away on that two-wheeled bike. Remember how deeply you connected with that moment. Remember how you knew it was much deeper than teaching your boys to ride a bike. Remember your joy in them. Remember how you jumped up and down and cheered them on! All this--because you were BRAVE enough TO LET GO!"
It really was one of the top moments of my life. I was jumping and yelling and cheering--Yahoo! That's my boy! Go! Go! Go! Pedal! Pedal! Pedal! I was crying and SO HAPPY. But I remember vividly that very moment I had to decide to let go. I am so happy I did!

No comments: